The Fringies Advance Apace: Worst Vote 2009
UPDATE: WE HAVE NOW INCLUDED LAST NIGHT’S (12/15/09) CITY COUNCIL VOTE TO APPROVE THE RICHMAN HOUSING PROJECT (SEE #6). SINCE THE COUNCIL IS DONE VOTING IN 2009 WE CAN NOW CLOSE THE NOMINATIONS.
The Worst Vote 2009 category is reserved for politicians who really stepped in it big time. This is one of the biggies, so you won’t want to miss this award. Here are the five nominees:
1. Councilman Don Bankhead deserves recognition, all right. In a 22-year council career jam-packed with horrible decisions this year he truly distinguished himself. His “until death” support of the completely horrendous $6 million McDonald’s relocation move was just breathtaking. Even Doc Heehaw opposed that one, and that’s saying a lot.
2. A joint nomination: Don Bankhead (again!), Pam Keller, and our old pal Dick Jones for their brainless devotion to the Redevelopment expansion founded on a fraudulent finding of blight. We have catalogued all the idiotic things said in defense of the indefensible, and its an impressive catalogue of confused thinking, indeed. And FFFF has sued the Agency to help it get it’s collective mind right.
3. Another joint nomination. FSD Trustees Hilda Sugarman and Ellen Ballard for voting to hire (for up to $100,000) a consultant to “study” the feasibility of a parcel tax. Minard Duncan is also included in this nomination since he abstained, too cowardly to even make a decision one way or the other. Say why does Ed Royce keep endorsing Ballard and Sugarman? (Rhetorical question only – no response necessary).
4. The Fullerton Planning Commission for actually granting Jack Franklyn a bogus “special events” permit covering numerous events for several months so that he could continue to offend his neighbors with outdoor amplified music at Roscoe’s Famous Nuisance. We also note that one of his neighbors subsequently went out of business and another Franklyn enterprise is moving into the empty space.
5. The entire City Council for mindlessly jacking up the commodity rates on water and in doing so increasing the in-lieu franchise payment to the General Fund. Not a single council person even bothered to ask why. Shame, shame, shame.
6. Don Bankhead, Pam Keller, and Dick Jones. Again. And Again. For their vote to approve the utterly ill-conceived, staff-created Richaman Avenue subsidized condo project. Shawn Nelson recused himself.
7 Replies to “The Fringies Advance Apace: Worst Vote 2009”
Hey you guys forgot the Council’s very recent grant application for the extention of the “trail to nowhere.” And what about the Planning Commissions vote to subsidize condos on Richman? That was titanically stupid.
Can’t really blame you though. So much to choose from.
The Harpoons Ghost? Where, what, why, how…. I miss the Harpoon 🙁
Blame it ALL on the Fullerton City Council. One way or another, each member is responsible for their irresponsible actions.
Better yet, give the award to the people who elected these boobs.
Hey wait a minute there JFD, you obviously forgot the one where Keller said she wanted the city to have a blog, but only if it was a blog with no comments.
I believe that may have been the dumbest comment of 2009.
Hold on there Teets. That comment is being considered for a Special Fringie.
The unjustifiable $10 late H20 payment (injury-to-insult) fee makes me wanna vote twice…with both middle fingers.
Tough choice, but I am going with Mayor McCheese voting to spend $ 6 million to move a McDonald’s 150 feet east. Even the Air Head figured out not to vote for that loser. He must think he can do anything and get reelected.