The Ackerwoman for Assembly Hall of Shame
On another thread Fullerton School Board member and seemingly clueless Ackerwoman supporter, Minard Duncan, popped up like a milk weed to question our apparent dislike of his fellow Ackerwoman cheerleader Mimi Walters.
This jump started an earlier idea to publish the names of all the lackeys, stooges and repuglicans who signed onto Ackerman Inc.’s Big Lie Tour of 2009.
This is a list of the elected officials that decided their best interests lay in the endorsement of Linda Ackerman for the 72nd Assembly District. Enjoy the asinine quotations at the bottom of the page and be sure to pick out your favorites on the list for special attention. We have helpfully highlighted in red the names of politicians in whose elections Fullerton voters will get to participate.
- Congressman Ed Royce
- Congressman Dana Rohrabacher
- Former Congressman Bill Dannemeyer
Statewide Elected Officials
- BOE Member Bill Leonard
- Former State Secretary of Education and Mayor of Los Angeles Richard Riordan
- Senate Republican Leader Dennis Hollingsworth
- Former Senate Republican Leader Jim Brulte
- Former Senate Republican Leader Dick Ackerman
- Former Senator Marian Bergeson
- Senator Mark Wyland
- Senator Mimi Walters
- Senator Bob Huff
- Senator Bob Dutton
- Senator George Runner
- Senator Sam Aanestad
- Senator John Benoit
- Senator Abel Maldonado
- Senator Dave Cox
- Former Assembly Republican Leader Mike Villines
- Assemblyman Jim Silva
- Assemblyman Joel Anderson
- Assemblyman Ted Gaines
- Assemblyman Nathan Fletcher
- Assemblywoman Diane Harkey
- Former Assemblywoman Lynn Daucher
- Former Assemblywoman Sharon Runner
- Former Assemblyman Tom Bordonaro
- Former Assemblyman Openmike Duval
- Former Assemblywoman Marilyn Brewer
- Orange County Sheriff Sandra Hutchens
- Orange County Supervisor Pat Bates
- Orange County Supervisor Bill Campbell
- Orange County Supervisor Janet Ngyuen
- Orange County District Attorney Tony Rackauckas
- Former Orange County Supervisor Cynthia Coad
- Anaheim Mayor Curt Pringle
- Fullerton Mayor Don Bankhead
- Fullerton Councilmember Dick Jones
- Former Mayor of Fullerton Buck Catlin
- Former Mayor Leland Wilson
- Former Mayor Peter Godfry
- Former Mayor of Fullerton Jerry Christie
- Former Mayor of Fullerton Linda LeQuire
- Former Fullerton Police Chief Pat McKinley
- Former Placentia Mayor Scott Brady
- Placentia Councilmember Jeremy Yamaguchi
- City of Orange Mayor Carolyn Cavecche
- City of Orange Councilmember Mark Murphy
- City of Orange Councilmember Jon Dumitru
- Yorba Linda Mayor Mark Schwing
- Yorba Linda Councilmember Jim Winder
- Villa Park Mayor Pro Tem Bill Mac Aloney
- Brea Mayor John Beauman
- Brea Councilmember Roy Moore
- La Habra Councilmember James Gomez
- La Habra Councilmember Steve Simonian
- Former La Habra Mayor Juan Garcia
- Former La Habra City Councilmember John Holmberg
- Tustin Mayor Doug Davert
- Tustin Mayor Pro Tem Jerry Amante
- Laguna Hills Mayor Joel Lautenschleger
- City of Covina Mayor Walt Allen
- Newport Beach City Councilmember Steven Rosansky
- Capistrano Unified School District Trustee, Anna Bryson
- Fullerton School District Trustees Maynard Duncan, Ellan Ballard, Hilda Sugarman, Lynn Thornly.
“Having called North Orange County her home for over 30 years, Linda is by far the most experienced and effective candidate for Assembly. She is a respected leader who will restore dignity to the office while fighting for Orange County values.”- Former Assemblywoman Lynn Daucher
“Linda has been a steadfast conservative leader in Orange County for many years. She will be ready to lead on the important budget issues facing the region and the state on day one.”- Assemblywoman Diane Harkey
“I am proud to stand by Linda in her campaign to promote conservative leadership and higher standards to the California State Assembly.”
– State Senator Mimi Walters.
“Linda Ackerman is an experienced leader who has proven her dedication to the community time and time again, I am proud to support her campaign for State Assembly because I know she will be ready to lead on the issues our state faces on day one after being elected.”- Senator Bob Huff
“Linda Ackerman has always done what is right for the sake of the community, not political gain. She is a proven leader who will help solve California’s budget crisis and bring Orange County values to the State Assembly.”- City of Orange Mayor Carolyn Cavecche
“Linda Ackerman is an experienced businesswoman and community leader who I trust to help balance the budget and rein in out of control spending in Sacramento. North Orange County needs Linda in the Assembly fighting for real budget reform.” – Anaheim Mayor Curt Pringle
“We need an experienced leader who will fight for North Orange County. That’s why I’m supporting Linda Ackerman for State Assembly,” Fullerton Mayor Don Bankhead
“When it comes to the safety of our children, Linda Ackerman will never back down.”- Former Fullerton Police Chief Pat McKinley
“I wholeheartedly endorse Linda in her campaign for Assembly. As a businesswoman and community philanthropist she has been an active leader in North Orange County and is by far the best person to represent us in the Assembly” -Yorba Linda Mayor Mark Schwing
Paid For by Ackerman for Assembly 2009, FPPC ID #1321372
22 Replies to “The Ackerwoman for Assembly Hall of Shame”
Some wannabe councilman named Marty Burbank got behind Ackerwoman (no doubt pushed along by Royce, et al) as did former Chief Cue Ball. Apparently truth and honesty are situational virtues to Royce and his pals.
Let’s remember next year!
Fear Ash Street….
sorry…Ash Ave. Sort of loses it’s effect now, huh?
Burbank has no idea whats in store for him, hehe….
Ay ay ay. The DA is on that list. What’s that say for his ethical standards? Isn’t he supposed to look into the OC Fair mess?
Speaking of ethics-challenged repuglicans, we can be extremely thankful that the little monster Diane Harkey doesn’t live in the 34th SD.
My favorite: “When it comes to the safety of our children, Linda Ackerman will never back down.”- Former Fullerton Police Chief Pat McKinley
Yeah, that was a good one. Never back down from what? That all-powerful hurt the children movement? What courage!
I supported Ackerman because…
Because Leland, you’re…
…a spineless worm trying to score some cheap points with the Hackerman crowd. Not that I think I have any political future, but staying in good with these types will help me and pat sell houses.
Marty Burbank in 2010!
Please leave Leland alone. Okay, so he’s a complete zero now. But in 2002 he slew the eveil dragon that was my former mistress.
In November 2002 I smiled down upon Fullerton from my doggie-bed in Heaven.
Well, she wouldn’t even have had a chance to stand up since she didn’t even live here!
That makes what Kojac said an utterly misleading statement. Isn’t that also called lying?
All of these people are clowns in Dick Ackerman’s circus. I can’t take any of them seriously anymore.
I wonder if she felt the children in the 72nd were in particularly more danger then the kids in Irvine…
What a noble and valiant gesture!
You’re saying Bill Dannemeyer’s still alive? A real rogue’s gallery here…
Yes Dannemeyer is alive. I saw him on TV arguing against the redevelopment scam. He actually sounded kind of lucid. I should have known better.
From the inbox:
Mimi Walters was the honorary state chair for Proposition 90, the 2006 statewide initiative to dramatically restrict the use of eminent domain. But in this race she sided with the politicos of Orange County who make it their business to help Redevelopment carry out their abusive practices and policies in the name of what? It’s beyond disheartening that Republicans get down in the mud with the enemies of individual property rights. What about the people whom you’re supposed be serving?
She was Ackerman’s Monday morning flight-mate to Sacramento for years. Of course the other thing was that Norby endorsed Harry Sidhu against Walters in the 34th last year.
She should have told Linda to stay in Irvine (actually she did stay in Irvine) and supported the property-rights dude, regardless of the 34th election.